Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One Weeks Time

So a week removed from the Colorado Marathon, I've run 4 days since then. Wednesday was 3 miles, Thursday was 5 miles. I took Friday off, knocked out another 5 on Saturday, followed by a 10 mile run on Sunday in the rain. I feel pretty weak still, but not as weak as a have after the last 2 marathons. I'm encouraged. This week I think I'll pick up a few today, take tomorrow off, then try another 10 miler after work on Wednesday, go between 5 and 7 for the remaining days, then spike a 20 mile run on Sunday. It gets me into the 40's for the week this week, and then gets me one more long run as I push to Steamboat. My boss is on vacation this week, so I get to work 7a-6p straight M-F this week, and then 7a-4p straight on Saturday. This couldn't have come at a worse time as I try to finish my preparations, but it's just another hurdle to get over. The week after, I will try a medium long run on Saturday, rest Sunday, then off to the Bolder Boulder on Memorial Day. I'm starting to get excited for that one, although I haven't had much time to process much of anything here lately. I'm pretty much just trying to get through each day and move onto the next. Life as I had known it for a while has started to look a little smaller in the rear view mirror, and the next thing for me to address is where I live. It has been time for me to move for a little while now, but I had been waiting on some stuff. Looks like I'm ready to get some new digs.

In other news, I find myself getting caught up a little bit in the Denver Nuggets playoff run that they have going. I don't watch a lot of pro basketball anymore, but near the end of the season, as the Nugs grabbed the #2 seed in the Western Conference, I started to pay closer attention. I think I was like everyone else around here, thinking that it's great, but when they run across Kobe and the Lakers, that the same thing that always happens will happen. Well we sit here today, the Nuggets can close the series with Dallas tonight, and the Lakers are in a dogfight with the Rockets, who dismantled them yesterday minus Yao. I still think in the end that the Lakers are too much, but it would be nice to see the Nuggets finish whe Mavs off tonight and then have Kobe and the boys have to fight and bang with Houston for another 3 games.

Manny was caught being Manny this last week, and although it's a "No sh*t" moment for most of the world, it's still bad for baseball. I'm not a fan of his, or the Dodgers, and the bad part is that the Dodgers will probably still be in first place when he comes off suspension. The funny part has been listening to the Sox fans talk about how the team took out the trash before he got busted. You have to be a moron to think that he wasn't doping while with Boston. It's funny how it's ok when someone like that plays for your own team, how skewed a point of view can be.

I am putting some thought into what I'm going to do with my summer. Obviously I'm going to do a lot of running, and what happens on June 7th will go a long way to tell me what I will be doing with my summer. If I BQ, then I may bypass any fall marathons this year, and maybe work on a sub 20 5k, or see if I can blow through my half marathon PR. It might open me up for a trip or two, as the last couple years I have gone to only a couple places, and used the rest of my time off for in town visitors. I'm thinking of someplace that will make me happy, where I can have fun.

No comments: